Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Finding Yourself through Struggles

Finding Yourself through Struggles
Speaks for itself

Getting through the Hard Times

Getting through the Hard Times
Believe that you can Accomplish Anything!

Thursday, November 28, 2013

30Things I Am Thankful For

A little late on this. Sorry, my eyes have been bothering me so can't get on too much 
30 (for each of the days) Things That I Am Thankful For: (Try doing this with double vision LOL...FUN!)
 
1. My life/the air in my lungs
2. Jeff, for he is my everything!!!
3. Our babies (our 4 dogs, Emily, Billy, Lucky & Charlie, and our cat!) They really make each day worthwhile and are true friends who love us ...so much!
4. ALL of my family, even ones I unfortunately don't get to see as much as we'd like! Same with ALL of Jeff's family!
5. ALL of my friends!!!
6. Our home, it's not the most extravagant but at least we are happy & have a roof over our heads
7. Our FREEDOM!!! Some aren't so lucky
8. The many men & women who fight/work for our freedom everyday!
9. The police who work hard on little pay to keep us civil & safe!
10. The firemen & women who work to keep us safe & risk their lives for that!
11. Our doctors and nurses who without them, I'm sure there would be some big problems!
12. Our teachers who work hard to teach the children with sometimes much less than they deserve pay and conditions.
13. Our preachers & pastors Mike Gabbard who in a society that seems to ever be changing, and seems to be lacking in Christian values, still try to teach us the Good Word & try to help us live with good values, and the road to Heaven (if that makes sense lol)
14. Our van/transportation. Some don't have that, and with Jeff's work, doctor appointments and all these surgeries, this is something to really be thankful for, plus it's comfortable
15. Theo Rossi, Kim Coates & Jimmy Kay, with fellow Sons of Anarchy cast, for helping, inspiring & believing in me & Graves Disease & Thyroid Awareness. They changed my whole life in such a HUGE way! I will ALWAYS be thankful for that!!!
16. My eyesight. Although I do see double, and have for 4 years now, it's better than no eyesight!
17. Music. It's there for me all the time, especially since I have vision problems. No matter how feel, music is just there and makes me happy and feel all different emotions, reminds me of times/experiences/people. I love it!
18. Our neighbors. We all watch out for each other & work to keep the riff raff away lol
19. Our ancestors. If not for them and all their hard work, knowledge and determination, where or who would we all be now? Would we be different? I don't know but I've read about my ancestors struggles and how much they've done, and it makes me proud, and thankful.
20. Food, and the fact that we live for the most part to be able to eat whatever our hearts (or stomachs lol) desire. Some people & other countries & people don't have that luxury. I love being able to have sushi one day, Indian, Mexican, Italian, etc the next, or even a down home country meal, or dessert, or cheese. I just love it! So much good food to choose from!
21. All the children, for they are our future!
22. Although sometimes rough, everything I've been through, and memories, good or bad, and mistakes made for they have taught me to be the amazing & unique person I am today!
23. Little moments. They might not be all that exotic, and may seem insignificant at the time but just the moments that "just happen", whether it be something you see, hear, experience, could be someone, anything. Just those little moments that make you sit back and think to yourself "I really love my life. I'm so happy to be alive & am just where I want to be!"
24. Tomorrow. You never know what's going to happen, who you may meet, or what new things/experiences life will bring to you. It's a mystery, and I love it! Plus, no matter how rough today can get, there's always tomorrow!!!
25. The Graves Disease & Thyroid Foundation, and other advocates like Mary Shomon or Gena Lee Nolin, etc, and the many researchers/doctors who are working to bring awareness & hopefully a cure someday to a disease that unfortunately so many have, yet also so many are unaware of. Same with all other disease and organizations dedicated in helping.
26. The sky, horizon, everything we are able to see. No matter what just know there is always so much beauty out there!
27. Being able to be aware. Despite how rough life/people etc. can get, there is always good out there. Sometimes it's right in front of you, or will jump out and surprise you. But to be able to know that, and never give up on it, and hope, now that is something to be thankful for. Sometimes life can get hard and make it easy to want to give up or think everything is bad but it's not. It's really not
28. Like the days, this ever-changing weather. I love how especially where we live in Ohio it's always different. I love having my clothes for different seasons. For some reason it makes me happy. I love the snow, and how on chilly days you can curl up under a blanket with a buddy or four (of five of them including Jeff and all our dogs lol in my case), and have a cup of hot chocolate or a yummy drink from our Keurig that Jeff won from work. I love the spring, and the rain, the air moderate, birds chirping, and flowers starting to bloom. I love the summer, and eating ice cream cones or slushies on super hot days, or swimming all day, or even just relaxing in & appreciating the comforts of the air conditioner. Then to fall, with the beautiful picturesque colors, streets lined with leaves of those same different colors. I love it & really thankful to experience it.
29. Everyone, both students and teachers, I met in school at William Mason-High! Despite going through so much back then, and being somewhat different lol (the occasional sadness from circumstances, and being hyper lol, or being a goofball, class clown type ) at one point or another they were each there for me when I really needed it. They helped me, taught me, inspired me, helped me grow, kept me sane! Because of them I never fully gave up. Because of them & their generosity, understanding & friendship, I was always able to keep a glimmer of hope.
And 30. GOD!!! For if it weren't for HIM, none of this would even be possible. Nothing on this list, or anything else I'm also thankful for would even exist! SO thankful for that!!!
 
~So thank you all my friends and family! God Bless You ALL & Have a Safe, Happy, Joyful Thanksgiving! Go make those special memories! Peace be with you ALL! See More

No comments:

Post a Comment